Before you make a decision regarding whether or not to convert your equipment and/or vehicles to use alternative fuels, you should consider the total cost of investment… a combination of acquisition costs, fuel prices, incentives and residual values. The initial investment in equipment and/or vehicles is usually more than offset by incentives and the lower cost of the alternative fuel.
The Minnesota Propane Association (MPA) offers the below defined Engine Fuel Incentive/Rebate Program.
- January 1st, 2017
- Applicants must be residents or registered businesses in the State of Minnesota.
Incentive for Vehicles:
- $4,000 for the conversion of new or in-service propane powered vehicles. Incentive is limited to vehicles that are 12,000 GVW or less. All vehicle systems must be EPA certified. School busses are excluded.
Incentive for Irrigation Engines:
- $300 (per engine liter) for the installation of a propane powered irrigation engine. Incentive applies to new installations and the replacement of existing diesel or electric engines. Rebates are limited to a maximum of $4,000 per engine.
Terms and/or Conditions:
- Limit of three (3) incentives per consumer, farmer, fleet owner/operator or propane marketer.
- Funds are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please contact the MPA for rebate terms and forms.